- Mpenjati 1100 x 1550 oc Mpenjati 1100 x 1550 oc
- Black Rock Landscape oc 1210 x 1110 Black Rock Landscape oc 1210 x 1110
- Commission of a client's Home oc 1300 x 1050 Commission of a client's Home oc 1300 x 1050
- Glen Dawn Trees oc 1100 x 1550 Glen Dawn Trees oc 1100 x 1550
- Kariba Gorge 1500 x 1350 oc Kariba Gorge 1500 x 1350 oc
- Terraced Hillside 1850 x 1600 oc Terraced Hillside 1850 x 1600 oc
Scott Bredin was born in Ixopo, KwaZulu-Natal, in 1973 and was educated at Hilton College.
From 1992 to 1995 he attended the University of Natal where he studied Fine Art and Philosophy. He graduated with a BA (summa cum laude), BA (HONS.)(cum laude), and in 1997 with a Master of Fine Arts (cum laude). His thesis dealt with 19th Century Topographical Drawing and Navigation.
Scott currently lives and works in Durban.
His oeuvre is dominated by observed and drawn landscape: urban, industrial, rural. These images attempt to metaphorise the landscape through paint. He often deals with places that would not be considered worthy of aesthetic attention due to the impact of human beings on the landscape. The paintings attempt to restore meaning to these sites beyond the current consensus of irreparable desecration. Tracks across the landscape are a persistent image in his work, revealing the structure of the land and expressing an animal logic.
Scott’s work is represented in public, corporate and private collections in South Africa, Canada, Switzerland and the UK. He is the recipient of numerous awards and has participated in exhibitions throughout South Africa.