- Fun in the Sun ob 370 x 300 fr Fun in the Sun ob 370 x 300 fr
- Near PMB ob 430 x 350 fr Near PMB ob 430 x 350 fr
- Ballito Beach II 470 x 370 fr. Ballito Beach II 470 x 370 fr.
- Rocks and Surf, S Coast Rocks and Surf, S Coast
- Cottages Bredarsdorp 1300 x 900 oc Cottages Bredarsdorp 1300 x 900 oc
- Rhino Horn ob 820 x 570 fr. Rhino Horn ob 820 x 570 fr.
- Vicinity Drakensberg ob 820 x 570 fr Vicinity Drakensberg ob 820 x 570 fr
- Sutherland ob 40 x 30 fr. Sutherland ob 40 x 30 fr.
John Smith was born in Worcester, Cape in 1944, into a family of artists. After completing school, he studied art with Dutch artist Johan Oldert. Since 1974 he has been a professional painter, working mainly in oil, pastels and watercolour. He has also for the past 30 years taught art privately.
John was a founder member of the Watercolour Society of South Africa and also of the Visual Arts Network of South Africa, Arts and Culture (NACSA) and KwaZulu Natal Visual Arts.
He has served on numerous committees and has acted as a consultant and mentor to artists, galleries and corporations.
He has held 8 solo exhibitions and numerous joint exhibitions throughout South Africa, the highlights being “Art South Africa Today” and the “Ruth Prowse Exhibition” in Cape Town. His work is collected nationally and internationally.
John is married to well known calligrapher, Ingrid Lotter and together they have collaborated on a number of projects including the “Freedom of Howick” citation for Nelson Mandela. He lives and works in Durban North, KZN.