- David Tomlinson with a pair of his life size wild dog. David Tomlinson with a pair of his life size wild dog.
- Wild Dog Pack of 7 Wild Dog Pack of 7
- Impala Herd Impala Herd
- 3 Cheetah Grace, Pace and Flash 3 Cheetah Grace, Pace and Flash
- Buffalo Herd Buffalo Herd
- Giraffe with Calf 440 x 450 x 160 Giraffe with Calf 440 x 450 x 160
- Greeting the Dawn Rufous Naped Lark 460 x 90 x 135 Greeting the Dawn Rufous Naped Lark 460 x 90 x 135
- Kudu Kudu
- Malachite on Aloe 440 x 160 x 150 Malachite on Aloe 440 x 160 x 150
- Robin Chat on Kiggaleria 210 x 150 x170 Robin Chat on Kiggaleria 210 x 150 x170
- Set of 6 Elephant, varying sizes Set of 6 Elephant, varying sizes
- Three Banded Sand Plovers Three Banded Sand Plovers
- White Faced Duck 105 x 110 x 200 White Faced Duck 105 x 110 x 200
- Yellowbilled Hornbill Yellowbilled Hornbill
David Tomlinson was born in Cape Town, South Africa, and after finishing school obtained a graphic art diploma.
He joined the advertising industry in Johannesburg, and whilst pursuing a successful career enjoyed ceramic sculpture as a hobby. After a few successful exhibitions at the Everard Read Gallery, David decided to leave the advertising industry to pursue his interest in sculpture and he and his family re-located to the KZN Midlands.
There he began exploring with bronze and soon realised that this was his medium of choice. His subject matter was varied but wildlife soon became his main focus.
The medium of ceramics was limiting due to its fragility, and consequently frustrating. David then experimented with bronze, which became his medium of choice. Numerous solo and group exhibitions followed and his work and recognition went from strength to strength. The subject matter of his sculptures was varied, but wildlife became his main focus.
Today, his works are in private collections in the UK, USA and Europe, and feature extensively in main South African corporations.
- Anglo American Corp.
- Anglo American Property Services
- De Beers Diamond Mines
- Rennies International
- Hoskens Insurance Co.
- Major Water Features include;
- Prince's Grant Golf Estate - flight of Spurwing Geese
- Iscor- African Fish eagle on a fish (3 meters high)
- Saldanah Steel - Flight of 5 Flamingoes
- Michaelhouse School - St.Michael (3 meters high)
- Vilancoulos Wildlife Sanctuary - Dugong with baby (2 m long)